The Alumni Day activities will take place at various locations in Ghent.
- Before noon this will be in Campus Ufo, Campus Boekentoren, and in De Krook.
- In the afternoon you can visit various faculty buildings and the Volkssterrenwacht.
- There is also an ongoing program in Het Pand, the Ghent University Museum (GUM), the Boekentoren, and Vandenhove.
The exact location is always listed with the specific activity.
All locations are easily accessible by foot, bicycle or public transportation. On the accompanying map you will find an overview of all the locations where activities take place.
WITH PUBLIC TRANSPORT
The nearest train station is Gent-Sint-Pieters. From Sint-Pieters station you can take the bus or tram to the various locations. Most activities are near the axis Gent-Zuid - Sint-Pietersnieuwstraat - Sint-Pietersplein. For this, the following lines are the fastest and closest:
- Tram 1, stop Verlorenkost
- Bus lines 57 - 58 - 70 - 71 - 72 - 73 - 74 - 76 - 77 - 78, stop Gent-Zuid
- Bus lines 5 and 8 run entirely through this part of the city with several stops at one of the campuses. From the station, you can take one of the bus lines listed below at Campus Ledeganck, then change at the Heuvelpoort to bus lines 5 or 8 towards Gent-Zuid.
For the other locations, there are specific lines that take you close by:
- Campus Aula and Het Pand: tram 1, stop Kortemeer
- Campus Coupure: tram 4, stop Theresianenstraat
- Casinoplein: tram 4, stop Rozemarijnbrug
- Campus Dunant: bus lines 9 - 14 - 15 - 16 - 65 - 67, stop Beneluxplein
- Campus Heymans: bus line 19, stop UZ Ottergemsesteenweg
- Campus Ledeganck and Ghent University Museum (GUM)
The following line buses have a stop at the Ledeganckstraat: 9 - 27 - 28 - 34 - 35 - 36 - 55 - 57 - 58 - 70 - 71 - 72 - 76 - 77 - 94 - 95
- Campus UZ Gent: tram 1, stop UZ Gent; bus 19, stop UZ Ottergemsesteenweg.
It is also possible to take a Blue Bike at the station to continue your journey by bike.
Travelers coming from the direction of Antwerp/Sint-Niklaas/Lokeren can get off at Gent-Dampoort station.
Bus lines 70 - 71 - 72 - 73 - 74 - 76 - 77 - 78 all pass through stops Gent-Zuid and Heuvelpoort - stops from which many campuses can be reached on foot (see above).
For the campuses UZ Gent, Heymans, Coupure and Dunant it is best to get off at Gent-Sint-Pieters station anyway.
Check out your ideal route via the website of De Lijn.
All locations are accessible by bicycle, and have bicycle parking near the entrance.
Park at one of the free P+R car parks at the edge of Ghent, outside the low-emission zone (LEZ). Do you wish to drive close to the city center? Then park in parking Zuid (outside LEZ), or parking Sint-Pietersplein, Kouter or Sint-Michielsplein (inside LEZ).
Locations outside the city centre
- Campus Coupure
Parking campus Coupure, Coupure Links 653
- Campus Dunant
Parking in the faculty's underground parking garage, as well as free parking along Watersportlaan
- Campus Heymans / UZ Gent
Parking campus Heymans, Ottergemsesteenweg 460
- Campus Ledeganck / Ghent University Museum (GUM)
Small parking in K.L. Ledeganckstraat, alternative is parking Sint-Pietersplein (inside LEZ - 10 minutes walk).